• When cultural consciousness deepens, relationships mature.
• Raising cultural awareness enhances responsibility allowing organizations to heal faster and better.
• Good leadership skills require competence in the 9 potential domains of cultural health if we do not want “pain” to surface.
• Leaders need to model the behaviors and attitudes they want their followers to mirror.
• Healthy leadership fosters healthy cultures.
• Caregiver burden is decreased when we communicate more effectively, listen for understanding, and demonstrate compassion.
• It is easier to deal with the challenges in healthcare and the stress of chronic and incurable diseases in a setting of compassion.
By attending this master class:
1. Gain an understanding of what comprises the cultural health of an organization
2. Demonstrate how to listen for understanding and not just hear the sound of the words expressed
3. Increase understanding and skills in the components of effective communication
4. Develop and demonstrate compassion skills
5. Learn ways to decrease the caregiver burden for both the healthcare professional and the layperson caring for their family